Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Organic Vs Non-organic food.

Of course, what this cartoon doesn't cover is all the government subsidies (welfare) for agribusiness that enable them to feed us the garbage for cheap.

In reality, one might say that organic food prices are the "real" price of food, while the cheaper GMO's and subsidized foods are, in fact, a way of keeping us fat and happy (or, at least, put in a sugar induced stupor).

That being said, I do love me some corn dogs. Or just about anything with a corn flour breading. And corn bread. Yes, I'm my own worst enemy.

Maybe that just points to the fact that most of us know deep down inside what we should do, but find it easier to take the easy path.

That is one of the reasons that I'm growning a garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to express you opinion. Please, no ad hominem attacks, and I heartily encourage people to post without profanity.